We all need a little encouragement to keep us moving forward. It's easy to feel like we're in the struggle of pursuing our goals and dreams alone, especially leaders. Proverbs 12:25 says, "Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." In the spirit of encouragement, here are 10 leadership quotes to inspire you and help you be a better leader:
1. “Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers.” –Harry Truman
2. “Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them.” –Colin Powell
3. “As leaders, we must be open to evaluation and have a constant commitment to improvement. We should not be afraid of the results of our efforts, or resistant to the instruction of others. Leaders are not lone-rangers.” –Christine Caine
4. "In leadership, success is succession. If someone coming along behind me is not able to take what I have offered and build on it, then I have failed in my responsibility to the next generation." –Andy Stanley
5. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” –John Quincy Adams
6. "A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don't necessarily want to go, but ought to be." –Rosalynn Carter, former First Lady
7. "Most leaders are trying to figure out the right strategy. The best leaders are obsessed with empowering the right people.” —Craig Groeschel
8. “Leaders who constantly imitate rarely innovate.” —Carey Niewhof
9. "Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality." —Warren G. Bennis
10. "A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way." —John Maxwell
An extra one just because...
“A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.” —Max Lucado
Zach Reynolds is the worship leader at the Calvary Boynton Beach campus. Zach is an excellent leader, musician, and songwriter, and he often teaches at Ocean's Edge School of Worship. Follow Zach on Twitter.